Reviewed by Diet Meal Delivery.
Nutrisystem weight loss diet plans!
Nutrisystems weight loss programs are based on the Glycemic Index. Lose weight with their diet plans consisting of nearly 120 delicious foods delivered to you.
Diet Meal Delivery Services provided by Nutrisystem
When it comes to achieving successful weight loss, sticking with reputable and reliable plans can help a lot. There are many fly-by-night weight loss plans out there, but Nutrisystem is not one of them. In this review, we will take an in-depth look at this popular diet plan. The thing that draws most people to this long-running diet plan is its meal delivery service. The fact that no calorie counting or food measuring is required is a major bonus as well. There are many other notable things about this diet plan, including:
- It features meal plans that are based on the glycemic index. Low-glycemic foods have been shown to ward off hunger and keep blood sugar levels in check. People who sign up for this diet plan tend to feel much more full than those who participate in other popular plans.
- Plans are available for men, women, seniors, vegetarians and diabetics, and prices only vary a little between the various available options.
- If none of the available plans suits your needs, you can customize your own plan by selecting meals from the a la carte menu.
- On average, people lose between one and two pounds per week with the system.
- Fresh-frozen meals are now available, in addition to the cupboard-safe meals that have traditionally been offered.
- By participating in the vibrant online community and taking advantage of the wide array of online resources that are available, you can increase your odds of weight loss success.
- The My Daily 3 exercise plan makes it easy to incorporate a wide range of calorie-burning activities into your day.
- When you lose the desired amount of weight, you can put the Nutri System transition and maintenance plan to work, which allows you to move away from meal deliveries to ensure long-term success.
Nutrisystem was originally founded in 1972. At that time, it revolved around brick-and-mortar diet centers where participants could go for support and to learn more about the program. A considerable portion of the business model of the company has changed dramatically since then, but the basic diet plan has not. These days, the company delivers meals to participants’ doorsteps, and participants can select their meals and receive support and encourage through the online community. There are no longer any actual diet centers available. The entire plan is administered through the main website, which is free and easy for people to use.
The company became publicly traded in October 1999, which is also approximately when its website was first created. Since that time, its success has grown by leaps and bounds. In an effort to compete with the many new diet meal delivery plans that have sprung up since then, Nutrisystem added fresh-frozen meals in 2011. Unlike many other diet plans, this one is not a one-size-fits-all system. Instead, there are many flexible options available. If necessary, people may also create their own menus by picking and choosing from more than 130 different items.
While there are exercise, transition and maintenance aspects included in this popular diet plan, it primarily revolves around the meals that are delivered to participants on a monthly basis. One delivery includes 28 days’ worth of food, so you will need to make sure that you have ample amounts of space in your cupboards, pantry and freezer. It should also be noted that additional items from the grocery store will be needed as well. Learn more about the different components of the Nutri System plan below.
Fresh-Frozen Meals – These were introduced in 2011 and have proved to be a huge hit. Prior to their introduction, meals that were included in the plan had to be mixed with water and cooked in the microwave. Those types of meals still make up the majority of the menu, but fresh-frozen meals add a little more variety into the mix. “Select” plans include 10 days of these fresh-frozen meals. Chef’s Table entrees are included in the fresh-frozen selection, and they are touted as gourmet meals that steam while they cook for especially flavorful results.
Ready-to-Go Food – Regular plans include 28 days’ worth of these ready-to-go meals while Select plans include 18 days’ worth of them. Some options, like bars, can literally be grabbed and eaten immediately. Others must be mixed with water and cooked in the microwave. Either way, they are quick and easy to prepare. A vast assortment of options are available.
Protein Shakes – Each plan includes 28 protein shakes, which are included for free. Four different flavors are available, and these shakes can be enjoyed at any time. They are nice because they add a little more variety to the diet. They also come in handy for times when you need something a little sweet but don’t want to fall off the diet wagon.
Grocery Guide – When you sign up with Nutrisystem, you receive a comprehensive grocery guide. You need the guide because you have to supplement your delivered meals with fresh fruits and vegetables from the store. Grocery items are broken into three main categories: SmartCarbs, PowerFuels and Vegetables. Every plan that is offered consists of 55 percent carbohydrates, 25 percent protein and 20 percent fat. You will receive a diet plan, and specific instructions about how many SmartCarbs, PowerFuels and Vegetables you will need will be included.
Extras – To avoid becoming bored with the meals in this plan, you can spice them up with “Extras” like condiments, garnishes and spices. Extras that have 10 calories or less can be enjoyed as frequently as desired; Extras that have 10 to 35 calories should be limited to three per day. An extensive list of Extras is available in PDF format through the main website. Go through it and stock up on your favorites to ensure that you don’t get bored or become unmotivated while you are on the plan.
One of the biggest complaints that people have about this plan is its price. When you break it down to a daily amount, however, it’s actually not very expensive. Different plans have different prices, and you will pay more if you choose to customize your plan with items from the a la carte menu.
Women’s plans are less expensive than men’s plans because the average daily calorie limit for women is lower than the daily calorie limit for men. In other words, women’s plans include slightly less food than men’s plans.
You will also pay more if you opt for a Select plan. Those plans include assortments of fresh-frozen meals in addition to the ready-to-go meals, which is why they cost more.
If you need to lose 10 pounds or more, you’d be wise to opt for regular, recurring deliveries. A significant discount is given to those who sign up for regular monthly deliveries. For example, the Core 4-Week recurring plan costs $229.99 per month. When ordered on a month-to-month basis, the same plan costs $357.48 per month.
The a la carte menu includes all of the meals that are available in the various plans. Prices vary depending on the specific meal or item. In general, however, a la carte items range from $2 to $7 in price.
The fact that you are allowed to customize your own plan makes the Nutri System plan a very flexible one. However, most people can find a plan that suits them perfectly. Several different options are available including:
- Women’s Plans – These plans are specifically designed for women and are balanced according to women’s unique nutritional needs. Through the site, you can click on the section for women’s plans and narrow things down even further from there.
- Men’s Plans – Higher daily calorie limits are in place for men’s meals, so these plans tend to be a little more expensive. They are also balanced to address men’s specific nutritional needs.
- Seniors’ Plans – As people get older, they often can’t get the appropriate amounts of vitamins, minerals and nutrients through regular food alone. These plans include supplements that allow seniors to stay as healthy as possible. This also makes it easier for seniors to stick with the plan.
- Diabetics – People who suffer from diabetes can click their way over to the diabetes section of the site to select the appropriate plan. The meals that are featured with these plans have been designed based on the recommendations of the American Diabetes Association. If you suffer from diabetes, you will be glad to know that these plans are available.
- Vegetarians – Vegetarians don’t have to miss out if they want to lose weight. There is a wide array of vegetarian meal options available through this plan, and vegetarians can select plans that are designed to suit their dietary needs. The best part of all is that these plans include all of the protein, nutrients and vitamins that are needed while remaining low in calories.
You don’t have to worry about losing a lot of money if you give this plan a try and don’t like it. It is backed up by a very solid 14-day money-back guarantee. As long as you call and request your money back within the first 14 days, you will be refunded for the food that you haven’t yet used. As a result, you can give this plan a try without risking the loss of large amounts of money. When you begin the plan, set up a reminder for yourself. If you’re unsatisfied, make sure to request your refund before the 14-day mark passes.
Significant discounts are offered to anyone who signs up for recurring meal deliveries through the Nutri System plan. You do not need a Nutrisystem discount code to get those discounts because they are automatically applied when you sign up for regular deliveries. You can also find great online coupons for the system that can save you a ton of extra cash. The right Nutrisystem discount code can significantly reduce the total amount that you have to pay. It’s well worth it to search around for coupon codes for this diet plan. They are available, and they can slash your total bill by a huge amount.
As you’ve read through this review and other Nutrisystem reviews, you’ve probably learned a number of great reasons to give it a try. A few additional reasons include:
- A huge amount of support is available through the main website and the support community. You can share your story, ask questions and get inspired by visiting the discussion boards. You can also check out personalized progress reports through the site and log your My Daily 3 activities. The Meal Planner is also available through the site.
- My Daily 3 is a quick and easy way to include the right amount of physical activity while you’re on the plan. It refers to three 10-minute-long forms of exercise that should be included on any given day. An extensive list of options is available through the site.
- You will gain access to a wide range of exceptional documents and booklets about this diet plan. For example, a Sample Menu is available. It highlights sample menus that span across seven full days. You can take a look at it to get a feel for how many extra groceries you will need on the plan.
- Flexible transition and maintenance plans are also available, so you don’t have to worry about reverting to unhealthy meals when you have achieved your target weight. These plans range from extremely flexible to very regimented, so you can choose the level that’s right for you.
As with any other diet plan, there are a few potential drawbacks to this one. Many Nutrisystem reviews completely omit these drawbacks, but you need to be aware of them in order to make the most informed decision possible. Besides, something that is a drawback to one person may not bother another one at all.
- The ongoing monthly price of the plan turns many people off right away. If you select a plan that costs $300 per month, you will be paying about $10 per day. You will still also need to buy fresh fruits, vegetables and other groceries. Of course, Nutrisystem discount codes can help you spend less on this popular diet plan.
- Another issue that some people run into while on this plan is a lack of space. You need to have enough space to store a month’s worth of food at a time.
- Finally, some people feel that the exercise portion of the plan simply isn’t good enough. For some people, 30 minutes of exercise per day may not be sufficient.
“After trying so many different plans that involved weighing and measuring food and counting calories, I knew that they weren’t right for me. What I needed was something that eliminated the guesswork. I found that with this diet plan. Since starting the plan, I’ve been able to lose more than 30 pounds. I’m still steadily losing weight, and it’s been more than six months. I couldn’t be happier, and I haven’t felt this great in years.” – Robert B.
“As a vegetarian, it’s not easy for me to find diet plans that suit my dietary preferences. I’d pretty much given up on finding a vegetarian-friendly diet plan, but then I ran across this one. I couldn’t be more thrilled with the variety of meals and foods that I get to enjoy. I love the online community and resources as well. The entire experience has been unbelievably positive, and I have recommended this system to numerous friends and relatives too.” – Jenny P.
“I retired a few years ago. At the time, I figured I was just going to have to get used to being overweight. I’d been overweight throughout most of my adult life. When I found out that a senior plan was available, I figured I might as well give it a try. I’m glad I did because I’ve lost a huge amount of weight since starting it about nine months ago. I love this plan and couldn’t recommend it highly enough.” – Mildred B.
If you’re ready to lose weight and keep it off for good, Nutri System should be at the top of your list. This plan has been around for nearly 40 years, so the company is obviously doing something right. As far as tried-and-true plans go, it doesn’t get much better than this. You’ll love the convenience of having meals delivered right to your door, and you’ll learn how to live a healthier lifestyle through the many online resources that are available. You can get started today by ordering right now.
Join us as we celebrate 40 years and millions of pounds lost with 40% savings on our best program ever! NEW Nutrisystem® Success™!